Sunday, October 2, 2016

Transfers, Training, and Testimony

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all well. :) I Love you! How was General Conference? I know that these leaders are truly called of God. This week was a full week, and it ended with transfer news; I'll be training a new missionary from Vietnam for at least the next 6 weeks! I don't know his name yet, but it's a very exciting opportunity! I'll be sad to see Elder Marshall go, but I know that the Lord directs His work.

Inline image 1

This week was also full of many miracles for our companionship. We were able to meet up with an investigator and set a firm baptismal date with her for the 22nd of October! She is very excited and eager to reach this date. She wants to be a member of the Lord's true church, and her main concern is just that she doesn't quite know everything- something I'm sure we all can say! Fortunately, the church is a system established by the Lord to help us to learn and grow. One of the major purposes of the church (and this life) is to help us learn and gain experiences. The Lord doesn't do this by thrusting everything upon us all at once, but He often works "line upon line, precept upon precept." I'm confident that the spiritual experiences that she's been having are helping her to realize the truth as it is although she may not yet understand all the stories nor remember all the names of the prophets.

This experience has also taught me a lot about how I need to trust in the Lord when I don't know everything. I'm not sure why I'm feeling unwell, especially in this time of big transition during transfers when I'll begin training a new missionary, but I know that the Lord loves me and will guide me. We had a family home evening at a members home the other night with a recent convert, an investigator, and an active member, wherein we were able to have our very own "fast and testimony" meeting. As I bore my testimony of trusting in the Lord no matter how much information we may (or may not) have, He will be able to lead us and direct us for good. I'm grateful for the time to reflect on the ways that He has already directed me to where I am now, and how I trust that He is doing so now even though the pathway is yet unclear. I'm grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who will take us where we are and make us so much more as we trust in Him. I'm grateful for the wonderful members, investigators, and missionaries that are helping me to grow and progress at this time. I know that the Lord's will is for each of us to learn and grow, and the best way we can do that is if we first learn and master the ability to trust Him in all our doings, not depending so much on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He loves each one of us, and that His hand is always outstretched, leading us along the path that will ultimately return to Him. I testify that as we listen to His chosen leaders, the prophets, seers, and revelators sustained at General Conference, we are truly following the voice of the Good Shepherd, who will only direct us for good. I'm excited and nervous for the challenges ahead this transfer, but I know in whom I can trust, even Jesus Christ, in whose name I share my testimony, amen.

Inline image 2

Have a wonderful week! I love you all! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment