Monday, September 12, 2016

Despite Illness, The Work Goes On

Hello, everyone! I hope that you are all doing well and that your prayers to God are not only sincere, but edifying. :) I love you all! :) 

Unfortunately, for most of this week, I had a bad stomach bug that kept my companion and I from doing too much. I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm sad about all the work that we missed out on because I wasn't able to serve. On the bright side, I'm refueled with great motivation and a testimony that being obedient and going to work is what truly brings a missionary happiness, not being stuck at the flat.


Inline image 1
Because you don't want pictures of sick me (nor did I take any) here's what my companion gets up to with some cups and my stuffed wombat, Wolly! :)

Despite the illness, however, there were several spiritual highlights this week! I got to go on exchanges with Elder Finau, who's in his last transfer. I can tell that he's really given himself to the Lord and His work, and it's inspiring to be around someone so experienced, obedient, and faithful. He actually stayed an extra transfer, so he shared with me that had put in 120% last transfer, which he had assumed to be his last. Despite the bit of a burnout, he's determined to continue to give his all until the very end, the actual end of his mission. He's a great example of enduring, and the things that I've learned from his testimony and skills will stay with me as I try to develop similar capacities. 

Among other highlights were finishing the Book of Mormon, being able to recognize and develop gifts of the Spirit that my Heavenly Father has given me, and attending the temple. Not only were we able to attend a wonderful session at the temple and receive answers and revelation, but my companion and I were honored with the privilege to help clean the temple afterwards. Heavenly Father helped me just enough to be healthy during the temple and during the cleaning. I felt great peace as I helped clean up the Celestial Room and the Sealing Room, and the thoughts of eternity and hope rested on my heart. I'm grateful for God's temples. They are truly His houses on the earth today to allow us to commune with Him and perform ordinances, sealed by His holy Spirit under His priesthood, to live with Him again some day in eternal happiness and joy.

Inline image 2
New scripture case for my mini scriptures! I still have my old one, but these fit my small ones more. :)

I know that this church is true because I have received a witness from the Holy Spirit. I know that the priesthood of God is back on the earth, and therefore all the ordinances performed by it are under His power and are for eternity, even as He is. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and I share this with you in His holy name, amen.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment