Sunday, September 25, 2016

Conference is Coming!

Hello, everyone! I suppose for you all in America, conference has already come with the women's session, but we still have to wait a week here in the land down under. :) I pray that you are all doing well and are happy! :) 

Inline image 1
Last P-day, we made a cake! What do you think?

This week, I've been really grateful for the modern prophets and apostles that we have and all the wonderful men and women leaders of the church. I had the great opportunity to be able to review all the conference talks from last April before this coming conference session (which the sisters will get to start next week with the women's session) and to reflect on how well I've applied the counsel given, find new insights, and once again be touched by the wonderful spirit of conference. As I was reading, I had the Holy Ghost testify to me anew the wonderful reality of this church; it is Jesus Christ's church. He is at the head. He has called and chosen many capable, wonderful servants to be familiar with His doctrines to be able to expound and explain the scriptures so that we can know how to face the challenges of our day. God will never leave us out in the cold. He will always seek after us so that He can place us on His shoulders and carry us to His (and our) heavenly home. I know that these things are true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and that he has been called and chosen to be the leader of this church under the direction of Jesus Christ in this day and age. I love his admonitions and counsel concerning using one of God's greatest gifts, agency. I know that decisions determine destiny, and through the scriptures, worthy leaders, and the Holy Ghost, God has given us all the tools necessary to be able to make the right choice in face of any temptation or trial.

I hope you can all prepare for conference and be ready to receive revelation from these great leaders!

Inline image 2

I pray that you all have a good week. I love you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment