Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Spirit Strengthens & Sustains

Hello, everyone! I hope you've all had a fabulous week! :) I pray that the Lord is blessing you with magnificent experiences that allow you to progress and grow.

Inline image 1


This week went fairly well; unfortunately, I started to feel a little physically ill by the end of the week, so I didn't feel like I could do as much as I wanted to do. Fortunately, through prayers and diligence, the Spirit was able to carry me through and help me to have great spiritual experiences with many people.

The Sabbath was especially great. We had 2 investigators at church, one of whom is the one I mentioned a few weeks about who referred herself to read the Book of Mormon. Seeing as I wasn't feeling well, I was a bit nervous as to how much I could do to make her church experience positive and good. I shouldn't have worried so much; I know that the Lord's hand is in all things, especially with His beloved children. We had a powerful sacrament meeting, and as I felt the Spirit, I had a confirming witness that she was also having a good experience and hearing the truth, although she may not have understood all of our vocabulary. :) Then, when Elder Roberts and I taught Gospel Principles, we were able to share and testify of the glorious truths we know about in the Plan of Salvation. The investigators participated well, and the members there helped to make it relevant and powerful to her. When we handed her off to someone in Relief Society, we were confident that she would have a great experience there as well. Meeting up with her after church brought a lot of joy to my soul; she was beaming with happiness and had certainly felt the guiding influence and grand renewal that comes from the Spirit. I'm very grateful to have been able to take part in that, and I know the Sabbath also helped sustain and reinvigorate me. I look forward to the Sabbath every week, and I'm grateful for the great gift that it is that the Lord has given us.

In other news, I was able to go on exchanges with the zone leaders and have a pretty good teaching experience on someone's doorstep (if there's no other male, we're not allowed to go inside). It was different, but great as we share the Plan of Salvation with a young woman who wants to know her Heavenly Father. :) I'm grateful for the experiences that I've had this week despite not feeling 100% physically; Heavenly Father has certainly more than made up for it in spiritual gifts!

I know that Jesus is the Christ, that He came, He died, He lived, and He conquered all separation and sorrow. He gives us peace as we come to Him. :)

I hope you have a wonderful week! I love you! :) 

Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment