Sunday, July 24, 2016

Leadership in the Church

Hello, everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful week, full of miracles and joy! It's been another great week to help point people to Christ and invite them to partake of His gracious and bountiful blessings. :)

Inline image 1

This week, I've had a lot of opportunities to ponder on the importance of leadership in the church. During my study of Jesus Christ and His life, I've seen how He is the great example of a leader; I've also read from General Conference from Elder Rasband about the importance of sustaining and following leaders in the church; and finally, I've been able to participate in a ward council where the stake presidency came and gave instruction to the ward. I've been humbled and grateful for the great leaders that I've had in my life and that I'm continuing to have throughout my mission. The stake president gave a powerful talk, and the spirit he brought to the meeting truly showed his great humility and spirituality. I'm also grateful for my bishop, who is helping us with some non-members in the ward and to work to help other families come and partake of the blessings of the gospel.

Ward conference this week made sacrament meeting really great, but the best thing about church this week was that an investigator of ours came! Sister Thong has a daughter serving a mission, but she is not a member herself. Because of her limited English, it's been a bit difficult for her to commit to come to church. On Saturday, we had a great lesson in the scriptures and she agreed to be baptized, but she wasn't sure about coming to church. Fortunately, she decided to come and we had some great fellowship/friendship from someone who could help her come. Above that, the relief society in our ward (especially the leaders)
were absolutely fantastic in helping her understand, feel included, and have a good experience. 

I'm so very grateful for the great leaders that I get to associate with, listen to, and learn from. I'm grateful for my mission president, President Vidmar, who's already helping to shape the mission to achieve the Lord's work. I'm grateful for the First presidency of the church, under the direction of President Thomas S. Monson, who himself is under the direction of the Great Leader, even Jesus Christ. I hope that you have seen how great leaders have blessed your life and have taken the time to be grateful to them and to God for their invaluable help and support. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that He lead His church today through the great leaders we have, generally and locally.

Inline image 2

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment