Sunday, June 19, 2016

Zone Conference and bearing testimony!

Hello, again! I hope this week finds you all happy, healthy, and closer to the Lord than you were last week. :) This week has certainly been a powerful one for me. We had a lot of meetings this week, including the special missionary meeting that I talked about last week, district meeting, and zone conference. Zone conference is when all the missionaries in a stake get to come together with the Mission president and his wife for some trainings, instruction, and activities to help us become better missionaries. This Zone conference was the last one that I'll have with President and Sister Maxwell, and it was excellent. :)

Inline image 1


This week, I've been ponderizing (yes, that's still a thing that happens since the last conference) Colosians 3:23-24: whatsoever ye do, do it heartily. I felt that Zone conference amplified that message and filled me with a motivating spirit and testimony. It was wonderful to hear from President and Sister Maxwell their "last lectures" about things they are very passionate about. I learned a lot about the prophet Joseph Smith and the importance of learning more about Him and his journey to know the true character of Christ as well as hopes to be more positive and to see all the beauties and goodness of life. I've always admired Sister Maxwell for her love of the scriptures and the way that she's able to teach from them. I've always appreciated President Maxwell's humility and his willingness to teach and instruct in a loving way.

As part of the conference, we learned more about he Vidmars, our next "mission parents"! I'm excited to get to know them more in person, but from what we can tell, they're very powerful and very committed. It'll be wonderful to serve alongside them. Will you pray for the Maxwells and the Vidmars during this time of transition in their lives? It takes a lot to leave a mission, and it takes a lot to come and prepare to serve as a mission president. 

Apart from Zone conference, I've had many great opportunities to bear my testimony in finding situations, lessons, and even at church for a Teacher's quorum lesson. Each time that I shared what I know about the fundamental truths of the gospel, I've felt the spirit testify to me how beautifully simple and wonderful the gospel is. I still have a tendency to over-complicate things, and I'm grateful for the constant reminder and opportunity to simplify and share according to one's understanding- my own and the understanding of my investigators.

Inline image 2
It's been raining a lot over here! I finally can pull out the trench coat that my dad and my brother had on their missions. :) 

Working with members has been really good. We're starting to put some things into play to help them share the gospel more with their friends and other family members, but they're already doing a lot on their own and sharing with us their experiences. I'm grateful for the changing power of the gospel when we serve with all our hearts. I know that as we serve heartily, the Lord can really work to change and help our hearts grown in capacity, capability, and love. :) I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and all that He does and has done for me and my loved ones, and I pray that we can access His infinite grace and mercy. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment