Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Book of Mormon & Promises

Hello, everyone! I hope this Sabbath day finds you well and rested and that the promises of the Lord are being fulfilled for you in your life. :) 

Inline image 1
Me and my flatmate, Elder Banner. He's a peach. He shares his peach rings with me. :)

This week, I finished the Book of Mormon! But wait, Elder Erekson, didn't you write about that last week? Well, this week, I was able to finish it again, but this time it was with the mission (we've been reading from the beginning of April to the end of May cover to cover), and my testimony was once again fortified and strengthened. This time, I paid particular attention to the promises made to us in the last few chapters in the Book of Moroni. I was impressed by the gifts of the spirit that Moroni goes into after his famous promise- namely, that we will know the truth of all things from the Holy Ghost. I've been thinking a lot about the gifts of the spirit that I need to seek for to be able to bless the lives of my investigators, companion, and those around me. I know that just as He has given me a witness that the Book of Mormon is true, He will help me have great spiritual gifts such as knowledge, faith, being able to teach by the spirit, and healing those who are sick.

We're continuing to work closely with our investigators, many of whom are progressing steadily towards baptism. It's been a great experience to try and help them build faith in the fundamental doctrines of the gospel. We had a fun experience this week where we taught 4 investigators at one time! It was hard, though, because it was an unexpected opportunity and all of them were at different levels of progression and understanding, and catering to those needs made it difficult to be more focused on one. I take solace in the fact that God makes up for our mistakes and short-comings as long as we are trying our best. I know that He does, and I pray that the experience was still good for all of them. :) This week, we're working really closely with someone to prepare him for baptism this Saturday!

Language is study is steadily getting better. Having been able to translate in sacrament meeting for the past few weeks, I'm starting to really see where my weaknesses and bad habits are. I'm going to start focusing more on those during language study so that I can have a better grasp at the language. Fortunately, I'm finally starting to feel that I can express the feelings of my heart in prayer to my Heavenly Father even if my language skills still aren't the greatest.

Inline image 2
Wally really wants to improve his language skills, too!

I know that God fulfills promises and that He wants to impart to us of all the spiritual gifts of which we stand in need. As we come unto Him in prayer and scripture study and service, He will come to us and give us more abundantly than we can imagine. :) This is my testimony and my witness in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Master, amen.

I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment