Sunday, June 5, 2016

Springvale - Week 1 - The return of Anh Cả Bình

Hello, everyone! It's only been a week here in Springvale, but I feel like I've been here for quite a while! I'm about 2 hours away from where I was before and an hour away from the main city itself, just for reference. :)

I've already had some good experiences in this area, and I'm very grateful to be working with such a great ward and such wonderful people! We started as soon as we could on Tuesday and started meeting with a lot of the members in Springvale ward. They're all phenomenal! After every teaching appointment, I turn to Elder Roberts and tell him, "Brother/Sister So-and-so is just a delight!" I'm very grateful to be working in this area with such supportive Latter-Day Saints. :)

Inline image 1

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to meet with a lot of our investigators, and I've found out that most of our investigators aren't even Vietnamese. I'm in a Viet/English area, once again! There used to be several elders in the ward, some were exclusively English and we were exclusively Viet, but apparently, last transfer that changed, so we're covering both bases. There aren't a lot of active Vietnamese members (yet), so we're going to get to a lot of work to find some new investigators!

I quite enjoyed my first Sunday in the ward, and although there aren't a lot of Vietnamese members coming to sacrament meeting, I had the opportunity to translate for an older sister anyway. It was wonderful to start of my introductions to the ward by hearing their great testimonies and to see how much they love the gospel. I've been struck over this past week just how important a personal knowledge and witness of the gospel is to each of us. I recently reviewed the conference talk from Elder Anderson, Faith is not by Chance, but by Choice, and I was impressed by his exhortation that we must continually develop our faith, or it will weaken. I'm looking forward to studying further different experiences that I've had to foster my faith and to share that with the people among whom I'm teaching and serving.

Inline image 2

It's been really good to be back with Elder Roberts. We already get along well, and we've established a pretty good work ethic. He's a fun, funny, and hard working elder. I'm excited to continue to work with him.

I know that the gospel is the most wonderful message that we can share and live. I know that it's not always obvious or apparent that it is so wonderful. I testify that through meaningful prayer and scripture study and through seeking to access the Atonement through the sacrament, Heavenly Father can reach out to us and bless us beyond anything we could have previously imagined. I know that They love each of us, and they're on our side and want our success. I'm so grateful for the testimony and faith that I have, and I want to ever be improving and progressing by increasing that faith.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment