Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Preparing for the Morrow

Hello, everyone! I hope that you've all had a fabulous week and have shown your mothers your love and appreciation for their service and sacrifice on your behalf. If you haven't yet, I recommend reviewing Elder Holland's General Conference Address from October 2015, Behold Thy Mother. :) 

Inline image 1
Cinco de Mayo(?) was fun! I had a burrito to celebrate it. :) 

This week was full of preparation and determination to be able to serve the Lord as best as we could. We've been working with a couple of really good investigators, and particularly helping them love and desire the eternal blessings of the temple, and it's been going really great! However, some of them are a little hesitant to commit to baptism at the moment, but we're sure that with more time, more spirit, and a greater understanding of the blessings that come from those things, the desire will come from within them.

We have two investigators who are right now on track to be baptized, and we're really hoping to connect them with the Savior through the Book of Mormon. This week, I've been ponderizing the scripture 3 Nephi 17:3, which roughly says, "Go ye unto your homes and ponder upon the things with I (meaning the Lord, Jesus Christ) have said and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again." The great promise that He will come again is right before us all over the scriptures, and what He asks us to do is to prepare for the morrow, when He will come. 

Preparation and improvisation are things I'm learning a lot about on my mission. It's very difficult to have a good balance of both, since we can't always account for every variable in our lives. However, I know that God, the Eternal Father, and Jesus Christ are omniscient and do know what will happen as we set plans. I know that by preparing ourselves to be more spiritually receptive, we can allow the Holy Ghost to guide us as we make plans or improvise; we can be sure that whatever we're doing is what the Lord wants and expects to do. I hope that I can continue to learn more about preparation and not only to be ready to see Him again, but also to help others be ready to see Him again, too.

I'm grateful for my mother, who prepared me really well for my mission, and who continues to prepare me for my life in the eternities. I'm grateful for a loving Savior who comforts, leads, and guides me. I cannot express my love and appreciation for two such messianic figures, who carry me and save me. :)

I know the church is true, and I know that Jesus Christ will come again. When He does, I want to be prepared. :) I share these things in his sacred name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

Have a fantastic week! :) I love you! :) 

Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment