Sunday, May 1, 2016

A God of Miracles

Hello again! I hope you had an amazing week. :) We've had a pretty good one full of little miracles, good studies, and enjoyable exchanges.

Inline image 1

The highlight of this week for me was definitely the baptism that we got to attend on Saturday. We took an investigator (Sandra), and she had a profound spiritual experience. She told us afterwards that watching the baptism really made her emotional, and that she really enjoyed the spirit of unity and love that she could feel there. I, myself, was really edified and uplifted by the wonderful spirit brought there by the members. It was a delightful taste of the joy that we will have in the eternities according to our faith. :)

I've been pondering a lot this week about how God truly is a God of miracles. I've had the opportunity to study a bit of the old testament in preparation to work with a member in our ward and help them build their faith, and as I've read and learned, I've just been impressed so much with the miracles that God has performed. We believe in a God that literally parted the waters to allow His people to be safe. We believe in a God that sent angels to shut the mouths of lions so that Daniel could be unharmed because of his faith. We believe in a God who literally walked on water, raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, and healed people from chronic, life-long infirmities. We believe in a God who literally felt everything that we felt in terms of pain, suffering, and sin; died for us on the cross; and lived again in glory. We believe in a God who has given us the same power and authority to do those very things according to our faith and belief in Him. How great and wonderful is our God, truly a God of miracles! :) What miracles have you seen this last week, great or small, that God has given you to show you that He's there, He trusts you, and that He wants you to return to Him?

I know that the church is true. I'm very excited to be working with a few investigators and a lot of members to be able to share my testimony with them and help them progress. I'm grateful that I have the help of my Heavenly Father and Savior as I do so, and it's a joy to help others see it too. 

I hope you have a wonderful week! Until next week! I love you! :) 

Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment