Sunday, April 10, 2016

General Conference Week and vui-ness

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a stellar week! I know that a lot of the rest of the world had General Conference last week, but I was blessed to be able to watch it this week! I got to see a little on Monday, a little on Wednesday at Zone Interviews, and then I got to see the whole conference on Saturday and Sunday!

General Conference was absolutely stunning. I am so grateful to have been able to watch it and partake of the sweet spirit that was ever present in those sessions. Although I experienced them via broadcast, I could definitely still feel the sanctity and the power of the meetings. I'm grateful for the Lord's servants and how they so worthily and so willingly represent Him to give us the counsel that we need.

Inline image 1
(We went to a planetarium on P-Day, and they had a cool museum. :) )
I had the joyous opportunity (and choice) to watch the Saturday sessions in Vietnamese! I was able to understand a good deal of it, and hopefully get the main ideas out of it, but it certainly had a different feel for me. Elder Vo reminded me about how the spirit will speak to us in the language of our hearts, and I know that it is true, but I want to work towards making Vietnamese a language of my heart as well. I feel like doing so will really make me love the people more, and I'll be able to help them more through the Spirit of love and Charity.

We also had a lot of good lessons this week, and because of conference, our investigators could come to church! Over the past transfer, we haven't had anyone come to church on Sunday. That is until yesterday, where 3 people came to church and got to feel the special spirit of conference! I hope that they had a positive, edifying experience just like I did.

Inline image 2

I'm so grateful for the simple and precious gospel of Jesus Christ. Time and again, our leaders remind us of the simple and profound truths that Jesus Christ has taught us and has revealed to us through His chosen messengers. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I love him, and I sustain him. I'm so glad that we can be a world-wide church because it truly is a church based in heaven. I know that God speaks to us today, and if we will listen, He will speak to our hearts and our minds the things we can do to receive a fullness of joy. 

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic week! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment