Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Baptism Of Water and Also Of... Milk?




Hello everyone! I hope you had a fantastic week, and that you've been able to see and feel the Lord's influence in your lives. :) The Lord truly does reach out to us, and if we listen and seek Him, we will find many surprising ways that He helps us in our day to day work.

Inline image 1
This week, I made this for my wall of pictures. :) I like it, and it reminds me more of the Savior's life. I also just really love sticky notes. :)

We definitely had some great success in trying to make our lessons more spiritual with our investigators. We focused more on them and their previous experiences, linking what they already know to the truth and fullness of the gospel. As a result, I was able to feel the spirit of the Lord speak through me to say what they needed to hear just so that they could understand. However, I've learned this week that just because we follow spiritual promptings, doesn't mean we do everything perfectly, but it does always work out. :) To explain further, I have two experiences from this week.

The first experience is when we were in the city, trying to talk to everyone and find new people to introduce the restored gospel. After walking around a while, we finally decided on a place to go that would probably have a good concentration of people. As we were walking to that place, we passed by someone sitting alone in front of the library. I felt that I should talk with him. We passed by, and I felt bad for not following the prompting, so the Holy Ghost impressed me again to talk with him. I decided to listen this time, so I turned around and had a conversation with someone who I had assumed to be Chinese. Turns out, he's Vietnamese and very impressed with the little Vietnamese I spoke with him. He agreed to meet again sometime this week, and I had a huge confidence boost because I obeyed and because of his compliments. :) 

The other experience is a bit more humorous... during a lesson, I was hoping to connect with an investigator who has somewhat of a catholic background. We were reviewing the gift of the Holy Ghost, and I felt impressed to specify that the Holy Ghost provides the Baptism by fire as mentioned by Jesus Christ. As I started to speak in Vietnamese, however, I said that Jesus Christ told us that we need to be baptized by water and by milk. Milk (Sữa) and Fire (Lửa) are kind of similar in Vietnamese, but not really, so it was just a goof on my part. :) Fortunately, it was just what the teaching situation needed to lighten the mood, and after laughing, I felt like we were closer to them on a personal level because it was more of a discussion and less of a lecture. :) 

Inline image 2

I'm grateful for the promptings of the spirit which lead me to know what I need to do and say, and although I'm not always perfect at following them, I know that as I try, He will never lead me astray. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and He is just waiting for us to turn to Him so that He can offer us so much more help than He already does. I share this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! :) 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment