Monday, April 18, 2016

April 17th

Inline image 1

Hello, again! I love you, and I hope that you're doing well! It's been another great week down under (although I've also been feeling a little under the weather...) and I'm excited to be able to talk with you all again! :)

This week, we had a plethora of miracles that really helped reaffirm to me the importance of the Book of Mormon in helping people (including myself) become truly converted to the Doctrine of Christ. Over the past week, we've introduced the Book of Mormon to several investigators, and we've had multiple lessons where all we did was read from the Book of Mormon and discuss the chapter or the principles taught from it.

A particularly poignant experienced happened just yesterday in a lesson before church. One of our sweet investigators came and started the lesson by asking if she could share some of her favourite scriptures with us. Keep in mind, we introduced her to the Book of Mormon just one week prior. She read passages from 2 Nephi 4 and Mosiah with soul, feeling, and really bearing her testimony by the way she expressed the words. She loves Jesus Christ because of the great wisdom contained in the Book of Mormon. What a blessing. She awoke me to how much I love the Book of Mormon, and how I really need to value it in my life more. We spent the rest of the lesson looking up scriptures that explained the five principles from lesson 3, and it was an edifying experience for us all. When I read aloud some of the verses that teach me more about faith, repentance, etc. I could feel the joy and the love that I had for the scriptures, prophets, and Jesus Christ again in full swing. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and for our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who gave it to us that we may know Them. :) 

Inline image 2

Other than that, this week has been full of reflection as we are coming into a new transfer. Elder Mahendran and I are hoping to do things differently so that we can help more people feel that the gospel is true in our lessons instead of just focusing on the factual content. I bless that the Lord will guide is in His work. Will you please pray for us to be guided in our efforts as well? :)

The conference Ensign is coming up soon, and I'm excited to continue to study the General Conference addresses! :) I hope you have a fantastic week,and remember that God and Jesus Christ are reaching out to you, always. :) I love you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment