Sunday, March 6, 2016

New Investigators!

Hello again, everyone! I love you all so much! This week has been really full of things. Fortunately, it's also been full of a couple of teaching appointments. :)

This week, we started teaching 2 new Vietnamese investigators, our first in the area. It's interesting how we ran into them, actually. One is a Vietnamese girl who originally planned to go to Germany, so she and Elder Mahendran can talk bilingually. She speaks about as much German as I do, so we can all understand each other pretty well. She helps us with our Vietnamese, we help her with her English and teach her the gospel. It's a good deal!

The other investigator was an absolute miracle. Someone we contacted the other day gave us the wrong number, but we didn't know that. When we called the number, it was a Vietnamese person who confused us with another church group whom he had met, and he agreed to meet. The lesson was funny, awkward, and a little frustrating at times. We weren't sure we would meet him again. However, by the end, he really felt the spirit as we bore testimony and asked him questions that made him really think about his perspective of God and life. We're going to meet him again sometime this week! :)

Other than that, it's been really good to be in the new flat. It already feels like home, and the other elders are quite diligent and obedient, which helps to keep us motivated and working hard. We're going back to Footscray ward now, but it's a 40 minute drive and 1.5 hours by train, so Sundays involve a lot of travel, and we're hoping to help our investigators be converted to the gospel enough to make the long trek each week. I have faith that Heavenly Father will bless us and bless them as we do. 
Inline image 1

This week, I did a lot better about reading General Conference talks, and as I did, I gained greater spiritual focus and strength. I've been trying to focus lately on getting to know Jesus Christ, focusing on His life and the things that He has done for me and for all of us. I know that an essential, inseparable part of that is coming to know His true appointed servants, the prophets. Conference is coming up again, so I invite you all to redouble your efforts to keep reading October's General Conference talks until then! Also, don't forget to ponderize if that's gotten a little low. :) I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and strength! I know that our Savior lives, Jesus is the Christ, and that through Him, we can all be made perfect. :) Until next week! :) 

Inline image 2

Ps. I got a free hat this last week from someone random. I tried to start a conversation by complimenting their hat, and they asked, "Do you want it? I have 2." It really boosted my spirit even though it may be a little silly. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment