Monday, March 14, 2016

An Adventure in Exchanges

Hello, everyone! I love you! This week was an excellent adventure, but I didn't spend a lot of it with my companion... we had a couple of exchanges this week, so I got to work with Elder Vo (the elder from Vietnam) and Elder Banner.

The exchanges were superb! The other elders really helped me focus on some important aspects of my character on the mission, and they helped me re-realize the fun and the joy that comes from serving the Lord in such a capacity. I'm incredibly blessed to be working with these elders in my district. They're both very humble and very powerful examples of testimony and truth. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but I'll be better about that with this week's exchanges! 

Inline image 1
I got to borrow a Lava Lava this week during the exchange on Friday. Other cultures are exciting. :) 

This week, we also had stake conference and zone meeting. There is a huge emphasis on working with the members more, and plans are being put into place on the mission and stake levels to be able to do that more. I'm excited for the future with the plans, but I'm concerned about the lack of Vietnamese members that we have to work with. A lot of them are recent converts, and we're still trying to strengthen their testimonies. The others are not very active, so we're going to be working with them more to help inspire them to come to church. :) 

Something I've been really grateful for this week has been the opportunity to learn from others around me. I've been able to learn from a new family we're teaching about the importance of being teachable and the value of, well, values, especially Christ-centered values. I've learned from other missionaries how to be diligent, fun, caring, and genuine. I've learned a lot from the scriptures about who I can be, and who I can only become if I learn to rely and trust on God. This week, my ponderize scripture was Mosiah 8:18, which talks about how prophets and seers can help out mankind through their faith, but I'm sure it reaches farther than that; God provides a way for all the faithful to be able to benefit mankind. I'm grateful for the faithful examples in all of you that are really benefiting me, and turning me towards more Christ-like service to others.

I testify that Jesus is the Christ, the very Son of God. He came to live, die, and atone for us that we may live with Them again. Everyone has access to His great and infinite Atonement, and one of the greatest reminders of that is how we can remember and learn of Him through other people.

I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week! :) 

Inline image 2
Easter time is fun, and missionaries love letters! :) Seriously, letters lift up my spirits a ridiculous amount. I'm not begging or anything, though... :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment