Sunday, February 28, 2016

28 Feb 2016


Hello, everyone! I hope you had a fantastic week full of blessings from the Lord! This week was rather crazy down here; we found out on Tuesday that we were actually getting transferred! We are no longer in the city, and we are no longer English speaking. We moved about 30 minutes outside of the city by car, got a new car (which I get to drive... oi, Australian roads are crazy), and are starting over with a brand new, Vietnamese only area. So far, we have no investigators and a lot of hope. :)Inline image 1

The car was stuffed! Elder Mahendran and I were buried! :) 

We had some of our last lessons with investigators this week; it was really bitter-sweet to say goodbye to them. We're really excited for our new area, and we know that they'll continue to grow and progress with the city sisters, but it's hard to leave someone after growing attached to them by imparting the great gift of the gospel. We're excited to continue to hear how they're doing as we follow up with the sisters whenever the zone is together. :) 

This week, amidst all the confusion and stress of starting a new area (again), I really focused on my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Being able to teach the Restoration to members and investigators has really helped me to appreciate the prophet and seer called to open this, the last dispensation. I know that he is a prophet of God. The revelations he received that we know as the Doctrine and Covenants and Joseph Smith History and incredibly eloquent and certainly inspired writings. His translation of the Book of Mormon has blessed my life in innumerable ways, and I'm so grateful to have been born in a time and a place where I can have this knowledge and share it with others. 

For P-Day this week, we took a mini road trip with a member! He took us to a place called "12 Apostles" and we stopped at many beautiful Australian sites. It was really cool to see, and I have a lot of pictures to share later on. :) 

Inline image 2

I hope you have a fantastic week! I love you, and I'm praying for you! Until next week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment