Sunday, February 21, 2016

21 Feb 2016

Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a great week and were able to see the hand of the Lord. :) I know that He is always guiding and aiding us, and I'm grateful for the plethora of opportunities I had this week to see His hand and appreciate His help in the work.

We received Transfer news last night, and we'll be staying together in the city for the next 8 weeks! I'm still about 80% an English elder, but I think I can also teach Vietnamese... it's a bit confusing since the branch isn't meant for Vietnamese people, but they can come if they're students. We'll work that out with President in the coming weeks, though.


​We went to the Shrine of Remembrance for P-day, and it had some great views of the city!

This week, I've been especially sensitive to the knowledge that Heavenly Father puts people in our path in order to help us, help them, and so that He can show us a sign that He is real and wants to help us. Talking with random people is difficult and scary a lot of the time, but Heavenly Father has often sent some of His children my way to help brighten up my day, whether they are members or non-members, He's sent people my way to help me feel more confident and capable in sharing the gospel. 

The investigators we've been working with are doing well. The main issue is that school is starting up for them soon, so they have a hard time balancing school, work, and going to church, so we haven't seen very many of them come on Sundays. However, as we meet with them more, I'm sure they'll begin to see the significance of going to church. I know that I'm especially grateful each week to be able to partake of the sacrament each week and to ponder about the Savior and His Atonement.


This week, I'm especially grateful for modern prophets, seers, and revelators. We read in Mosiah 8 that seership is among the greatest of the gifts of God, and it's amazing to step back and remember that we sustain the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve apostles as "prophets, seers, and revelators." They have so much power and direction given from God for our benefit and to help us. It's amazing how often the Lord reaches out to us through other people, like His servants. I know that they are really His representatives on the earth, and by heeding their counsel, we will draw closer to God. That's why continuing to study General Conference is so important, and I hope I can redouble my efforts to do so before this coming April conference.

I love you all, and I hope you have another fantastic week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment