Tuesday, January 26, 2016

It's Hot in Melbourne

Happy things (Yay! :D):
I'm starting to feel more confident about this new area; I'm starting to know where to go, what works, what doesn't, and how I can best serve the people here. The branch is very supportive and helpful, and I'm getting along really well with the members and with Elder Mahendran. We're starting to see our investigators change under the influence of the spirit and really feel His influence in our lessons and powerful Sacrament meetings!We also had a world-wide missionary devotional where Elder Oaks and Bonnie L. Oscarson and others gave trainings on how to be better missionaries! It was very inspiring, and I know that the Spirit has told me how I can do and be better to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. :) We're finally teaching a Vietnamese girl, and she's really excited to pray and to read from the Book of Mormon! She's younger, but she's genuine.

Sad/Hard things :( :
Sometimes, being in this new area is really stressful, but I think it's more of a good stress that pushes me to be better and to try harder. :) When I make mistakes, it feels really bad because I care about these people, and I don't want to be in the way of their salvation. I know that these thoughts aren't coming from the right source, so I try to deviate away from them. :) The weather hasn't been great; it's been rainy and cloudy a lot, and it's been affecting my mood for some reason. Mornings have been kind of hard, but it usually picks up by the end of the day. :)

My Scripture! :)
D&C 25:13 I know that covenants are what help us rejoice and become more like our Heavenly Father. Being able to think about that frequently throughout this week has helped me want to be a more dedicated, consecrated servant of the Lord. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment