Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tiếng Anh - Footscray(ish) Week 8: My Days as an English Elder

Scripture of the week: Luke 5:5 - Sometimes, what we need to do after all that we have been doing is do a little more; when the Savior invites us to act, we can be sure that by acting we will be blessed. :)

Vietnamese Word of the week: "Tiếng Anh" (Tea- ang Ah-n) "english" as in, for about half a week, I've been an English Elder!


​Well, this week has been 4 and a half adventures if I do say so myself. It all started on Tuesday, when I went on exchanges with Elder Roberts again. We're pretty much expecting to go on weekly exchanges at this point because of our companions' positions, but it turns out, Heavenly Father had more plans for me concerning exchanges... On Friday, the zone leaders tell me that I will be serving with Elder Wahlquist (pictured above) until Wednesday because his companion was going home for health reasons. That means for aobut 5 days, I was/am not really a Vietnamese elder! It was hard news to take, but it's been a really good, really rewarding experience.

I'm no in Fairfield area, which is near the stake center of our zone. We went tracting on Halloween and pretended to be trick or treaters just for fun. :) It was actually a lot of fun, and it reminded me of doing fast offerings back home. Speaking of fast offerings, we tracted for more than 5 hours yesterday! On a fast Sunday! Oi! But, it worked out really well because the Lord supported us. That means I've done about 8 hours of tracting in 2 days. Of course, it was the last door we tried that gave us the best results, and I'm excited to see that person progress in the gospel (though I'll be back in Footscray by then). :)


Other than that, we had an awesome Vietnamese Halloween party! Elder Roberts has the pictures, but we carved pumpkins, told scary stories, and played a lot of games. It was a lot of theirs' first Halloween, and it was so much fun to share that with them! I love being a missionary, especially for the Vietnamese people, and that's what made it a little hard to leave them for even just a few days. I know that the Lord has called me to do His work, though, wherever I serve, and I'm happy to do His will. I know that as I work harder for Him, He will bless me and all of you for my service. :) I know these things are true, and I share them in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Australian quirk: The weather here in Melbourne is crazy! I mean, crazier than Utah, even. It can be summer hot one for an hour and then the next be cold and rainy. It's unpredictable and really fun!

I love you all! :) Until next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment