Sunday, November 22, 2015

Con Chau - Footscray Week 11: Hawaiian party!

Vietnamese Word of the Week: Con Chau (con chow) as in "posterity."
Scripture of the week: 3 Nephi 21:22-25 - When we follow the gospel of Jesus Christ, we enter into the Abrahamic covenant and become the children of Israel! We receive all the promised blessings of his posterity. :)

Hello! Long time no contact! Sorry about last week, due to technical difficulties, I had even less time than usual! Ah! But this week has been really good and really celebratory. :)

This week has gone by really quickly; I feel like the longer I'm out in the field, the faster time flies. It's hard to believe that I'm almost "graduated" from being a golden. Reflecting back on who I was twelve weeks ago, not just as a missionary but as a disciple of Jesus Christ, I truly see how serving a mission and dedicating so much time to the Lord has changed me for the better and increased my faith and trust in Him. It'll be interesting to see how transfers go and what it'll be like without my trainer, Elder Howell. he's done an excellent job at helping me grow and stretch and become the missionary that I need to be for this mission. I feel like I'll be able to do well next transfer, but I know that it will be hard.
We had a Hawaiian party at Footscray ward, and it was so fun to see the cultures all mixing! Islanders, Vietnamese, Australians, and even Americans thanks to the missionaries. It was so much fun to see the Vietnamese try to dance islander style, too. They did a good job! :)
The work of the Lord is moving forward! Although we had 2 investigators drop us this week, we're still moving forward with faith, and our recent converts are doing so well! They're incredible! It's a blessing to know them and work with them. :)


I've been reflecting a lot this week about the scriptures and how they unite us. Although we're all at different levels of understanding, the scriptures contain the doctrine which we all believe in, and they help us all draw closer to the Savior. As we all draw nearer to Him, we draw nearer to each other. :) I'm so blessed to be working here in Melbourne with all these wonderful people. Transfers are next week, so we'll see how it goes!
I love you all! Keep reading and ponderizing the scriptures. They will tell you all things that you should do. :) I love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment