Monday, October 19, 2015

Thay đổi - Footscray Week 6: The Gospel Changes lives!

Vietnamese Word of the Week: thay đổi (tie doi?) which means, "change" or "to change" as in "The gospel changes lives and people." :)
Scripture of the week: Mark 8:35 - How can I better lose my life for the Savior's sake and for the gospel's?


This week was such a crazy good week! Nhu was baptized, and it's so incredible to notice the great change in her. From what the other elders were telling me from what she was like before, she's changed immensely in these past few weeks. I'm hesitant to share too many details, but I've seen how the gospel has changed her to be sweeter, more social, and fun-loving. It's a joy to be in lessons with her, and she's really great and loving the gospel! Being at the baptism brought such a special spirit, and I'm so excited to see how the rest of her new life goes. :)


As I reflected on how I've seen others change, I've noticed that I've changed quite a bit myself, but also that I have a long way to go to be more Christ-like. I'm still trying to figure out my place in the mission and who I want to be (or rather, how to be the person that Christ knows I can be). I'm so excited for this challenging and rewarding opportunity to serve Him for two years and be refined, changed, and helped along my path to my own conversion by helping others. :) Although I've been sick and stressed, I find joy in working with the people; working with team Vietnam! :)
I know that I need to work on losing my life for the Savior's sake and for the gospel's, and that's what I'll be ponderizing this week. How can I do that better? How can I become who I need to be for the Savior, my loved ones, and everyone whom the Lord has trusted me with?
I love you all! Keep praying, reading the scriptures, and do the little things each day to become more like Christ. You will be happy in this life and in the next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment