Monday, October 5, 2015

Lễ Báp Têm - Footscray Week 4: Crystal is baptized!

Vietnamese Word of the Week: Lễ Báp Têm (Lay? Bap! Tem) As in, the ordinance of baptism. Like what Crystal did last Saturday! :)

This week has been full of exhaustion and miracles. One of our investigators (our last progressing) has also decided to get baptized. :) We are so blessed that the Lord has prepared us and prepared these people to come into His fold. :) I've been really tired all week and I think Elder Howell and I are falling ill, but being at Crystal's baptism really picked us up and helped us get excited to do missionary work again. :)
The next day, I got to confirm her a member of the Church... in Vietnamese. It was wonderful, but I was so nervous again. :) It's still a surprise to me how much English we speak, but it's wonderful to hear the gospel declared in many tounges. :)


Team Vietnam in Footscray/The City Branch is growing, and it's really exciting to be a part of the Lord's great work! :)
I got to go on exchanges for the first time with Elder Roberts! We're both new missionaries, but we survived a whole day of real missionary work without our trainers! He's such a great missionary, and I look forward to working with him more.

This week, we started to read the Four Gospels as a mission. Reading the words of the Savior has again touched my heart and I think has helped me even more to be like Him. I've been praying and asking for help to be more Christ-like, and I really feel that reading His words and His teachings are helping me do that. One of the best things we can do in this life is learn about the life of our Savior. The more we learn and apply, the more we'll thirst after righteousness, and He is the fountain of all Righteousness and will help us. :)
I'm so excited to see conference next week, and I hope you all took the opportunity to enjoy it. I know that these men are called of God, including the three new apostles whom I do not know yet. I know that their counsel is for us in our day; it's for you. If we apply all that the spirit tells us during conference and during diligent study every day, we will only draw nearer to our Father in Heaven. :) I love you all! Have a great week, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment