Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sự Tiến Triển - Footscray Week 3

Vietnamese Word of the Week:  sự tiến triển (sur Teen! Tree-en?) As in progress, like in "Progress helps us be more like our Father in Heaven." :)

I'm always running so short on time, I'm so sorry! This week, I failed a lot at teaching and Vietnamese, but I've succeeded in relying on the Lord to build me back up again. :) That's truly one of the most important skills that we can master in mortality; tenacity. He have to keep picking ourselves back up and trying again. :)


As I've considered what I need to do to be a better missionary, the answer that keeps coming up to me is something that I hadn't considered before; I need to be happy. I need to take pleasure and joy in the work, for it truly is a joyous work! I'm so happy to be a missionary, but sometimes, some of the things we go through are hard and discouraging. However, our Heavenly Father has given us the ability to choose to be happy and has even given us the resources to do so. Prayer, Scripture study, and going to church. I feel that as I utilize these more and be more bold, I'll be able to thrive more as a missionary and draw closer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm looking forward to improving and helping Crystal, an investigator we've only taught 5 times, be baptized this week. :)
I love you all so much! Be sure to prepare for conference this week; if we prepare, we'll receive so much more revelation! The late Elder Scott counseled us about recording revelation. I invite you to read more about his word. :) I love you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment