Monday, August 31, 2015

Câu hỏi MTC Week 8: One Week More

Vietnamese word of the week: Câu hỏi (C-uh-oo hoi?) as in "question" like in "When we ask questions, we are promised that we shall receive (3 Nephi 14:7-8)."

One more week in the MTC! Wow, what a crazy week this last one has been. I anticipate this one will be even crazier, though, given everything we have to do to get ready to leave the continent. First things first, I got a haircut! Here are the wonderful before and after pictures:
Before, borderline against the rules...

After, super obedient and ready to serve the Lord some more. :)

​This week, we got our travel plans! Yay! We leave next Monday at around 1:00pm. That means 1 more temple trip and 1 more email from the MTC (hopefully)! I'm super excited, and I can't wait to go to the place where the Lord has called me to serve for two years. :) It's such a special and exciting feeling. :)


(Before the haircut, sorry)

This week, I learned a lot of valuable lessons (obviously). Some of the highlights of them are these:
Use LDS.org. They update articles every so often, and they're always spiritually uplifting, and they're definitely helping me be a better missionary. One of the ones about teaching explained that before we go to any lesson manuals (including Preach my Gospel and Bible Dictionary), we should go straight to the scriptures. 1, you'll be surprised by how much you already and 2, the revelation you receive may or may not match the manuals' insights, but it will be your own and you'll be able to teach with more power and with the spirit. :) I found that in preparing my talks and lessons this week, and it's been wonderful! :) The other resources about keeping the Sabbath day holy are absolutely incredible. :)

The other super duper important thing that I learned is that the Spirit answers questions. Now, that seems pretty simple, but it's super true! Think about it; perhaps the most powerful spiritual experiences that have ever happened were because of questions. Perhaps the beginnings of your testimony started (or can start) with the question, "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" The Church was restored because of Joseph Smith's question, "Which church should I join?" When we ask questions and seek the answers, the Spirit is able to answer us and we shall receive as promised in 3 Nephi 14:7-8 by our Savior and Redeemer. :)

I exhort you to ask questions, and then turn to your Heavenly Father in prayer and turn to the scriptures. I testify that as you do so with a sincere heart and desire, you will find and you will receive. :) I promise you that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I'm out of time, but I love you all! Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment