Monday, July 27, 2015

Tình yêu thương - MTC Week 3

The Vietnamese word of the week is: "Tình yêu thương" (tin ay-oo tounge) as in love (n). As in, nothing can separate us from the tình yêu thương of Christ (more on that later)!

Another week at the MTC, and I'm starting to understand the paradox of time. A day drags on for a week, but after a day it's already P-day again. The district is starting to get a bit restless; we want to go to Australia/Cali/Texas already! Of course, none of us are ready as far as the language is concerned, but it's hard to see English speakers come after us and leave before us. Speaking of which, we ran into 2 Melbourne English speakers who will be out of training by the time we leave the MTC! Oi. It's okay with me, though. I love Vietnamese, and I know the Lord has a purpose for me. :)

This week, we had TRC! That's when we get to teach members lessons, and they get to give us feedback on how it went! So, how did it go? Here's the feedback we got:


Not too shabby, eh? We really do need to focus on engaging the investigators more, though. We're still learning how to teach in Vietnamese, but we need to learn how to discuss. I was super nervous beforehand, but I felt pretty good about it afterward. It was a good experience, and I'm grateful that we got to do it.

In other news, we get new names in two weeks! New names? Yep. Apparently, Vietnamese elders get new names because sometimes people can't pronounce names like, "Erekson," "Mandhart," or "Leonhard." (Our teachers) What's your new name Elder Erekson!? I have no idea. Our teachers won't tell us until the name tags come. It'll be really exciting when they do though, right? I'll be sure to send pictures with the new tag(s) when they come! 



This week, I had the wonderful opportunity to be an answer to someone's prayer. As I was being interviewed by my Zone Leader, he felt impressed to ask me to bear a simple testimony instead of his usual sharing a spiritual thought with me. Previously in the week, I had been prompted to study out of the New Testament, and I knew exactly what I was going to share: Romans 8:35-39.

 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He said he'd been struggling with what to tell two of his investigators, and that this was just what he needed. What a blessing!

I'd just like to bear my testimony that the above verses are true. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING can separate us from the love of God, which is in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. No matter what you've done, turning to Him is the way to be happier and experience true joy. I know that my Savior loves me. I testify that He loves you, too, and nothing can separate you from that love unless you choose not to feel it. I exhort you to pray to feel His love UNTIL you feel His love. It's worked for me, and His love is one of the greatest joys we can experience in this life. I share these things in the sacred name of His beloved Son, our Savior, even Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all! Remember that the gospel is true in every nation, to every kindred, and in every tongue! Above all, remember that God loves you perfectly, unconditionally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment